Thursday, October 25, 2007

The (Not So) Joys of Commission

I just got back from taking the boys to get their pictures taken. Carrie told me about this new place in Provo and they were having a special for a ton of pictures for only $10. I was all over that! We go and the kids were good, but it took longer than expected. They took ALOT of pictures! I sit down with the photographer to view the pictures. I tell her up front that I was only interested in doing the $10 deal, but she proceeded to show me all the vignettes, colorings and arrangements anyway. We went through all the pictures and I still tell her that I only want to do the $10 deal. She tries to show me another package that is a little less expensive and I respond with my same shpeel. She tries another avenue to sell me a ginormous package with a ginormous price tag. Again, I told her I only wanted the one pose for the $10. I think she finally saw that she wasn't going to upsell me, because her mood turned very sour. She all of a sudden was very short and got really impatient. Not OK! The pictures were really cute, and I did like the place and service up until she pulled a Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde on me just because I didn't want to drop $200. Can you say Commission?? I didn't appreciate it very much. I really would like to go back, but her behavior is making not want to at the same time. I will post the picture later when I get it scanned. Why are people sometimes like that? Thanks for letting me vent!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I agree. If it is a sale, then let it be a sale. If you are willing to offer it, then you should allow people to take advantage of it. I hate that. We had a similar experience at a timeshare presentation. We no longer even consider timeshare deals. It is not worth it.

Audra said...

Way to stay strong, Michelle! She probably gets people to buy more, but not you! You got what you wanted!

Abbi said...

I hate being in that kind of situation. I'm sorry you had to be.