Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Inspiring Weekend


What a great weekend we had! We got to go down and spend time with Nate's family, cheer some of them on at the St. George Marathon and watch Conference together.

Being apart of the marathon (as a spectator) was so amazing! I remember Carrie coming home from it a year ago after watching her Brother-in-law run it, and saying she wanted to do it. I thought she was crazy!!! She was so inspired by the exhiliration there and the commrodery. I can now say I completely understand what she is talking about. It was so, so cool!!! I am so glad I went. It is just so hard to describe the feeling there, unless you have witnessed one. I loved it!!! Often seeing the runners go by and hearing the cheers for them I teared up. It was so cool to see the support everyone was giving the runners, even ones they didn't know. It was just awesome and I am glad that Carrie, Caytee, Jon and Chad let us share that wonderful experience with them. THANK YOU! It is such a HUGE accomplishment! I thought only hard core runners ran marathons, but I learned that is so not the case! I was inspired by the runners!
General Conference was incredible! I learned so much!!! Again....inspired! It was a wonderful weekend to say the least! Then we were able to go pick up my mom from the airport yesterday and how great it is to have her with us!!! Family is such a necessary thing in life. I am so, so grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful family members!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

I agree about conference. Did you see the part between sessions with the little girl and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It made me bawl. We recorded it and try to watch a talk a night.
CONGRATULATIONS to the marathon runners. I wish I could have been there to cheer you on. It is awesome at the finish line.

cpcox99 said...

Michelle - thanks for cheering us on. It was fun having you, Nate and the kids there to support us. You're a great sister-in-law. I feel very blessed that you're part of my life!

Abbi said...

I feel exactly the same way about the marathon and about family. Well put! I hope you have a good time with your mom!

John and Drew said...

Way to go! Hats off to the runners. John ran that marathon and qualified for the Boston about 4 years ago. It's a very well run race and you can't beat the beauty of it all. I can totally relate to the energy felt around all those runners! It's an incredible accomplishment to even cross the finish line.

I spent 4 months of Saturday’s riding next to John on his long runs so when he crossed the finish line I almost burst into tears with excitement and pride. It’s a very moving event.

Audra said...

Particpating in or watching races is so fun and exhilerating! I totally know what you are talking about. Great job to all the runners! So, are you going to do the marathon next year? :)