Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Baby Signs


I taught Colby sign language when he was a baby to better the communication between him and us and it worked great. I decided to teach Carson as well. I just teach them the basics like "more", "please", "thank you", etc. It usually takes a good few months or more for them to start doing it back. Well, Carson, I didn't think was really interested at all....until today. He did some signing to me. He did more, please and thank you. I am so excited!!!! This is such a wonderful tool for them to be able to communicate in a way that we completely understand. I am a big believer in teaching sign language to babies! I am just so happy that he is responding to it. It really is a communication break through to be able to use signs before they can even talk. I love it!!!

3 comments:

Dani said...

Yea!!! Don't you just love when they sign back? We did sign with Garrett and plan to do it this time around too...I think it helps so much!

Kjirsten said...

You are amazing! Your kids will be way ahead when they start school. In our kindergarten class we teach the kids to sign the alphabet, it is amazing how much quicker they pick up reading when they are using their little hands and mouths at the same time to sound out words. Keep up the good work.

Abbi said...

I think that's so great that you do this! Sign is so useful. We use it a ton at the school I work at, and it is so helpful. I want to do this too with my little tikes when I'm a mom.