Monday, April 23, 2007

The Kite Runner

Our Book Club book for this month is "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. The lady who chose the book was a little hesitant to suggest it because of a couple swear words and a rape scene. Hearing this, I was a little reluctant to read it. When I started reading the book I just wasn't sure I was going to like it. I was able to skip over the rape scene since I had been warned. As I got into the book, I really started to enjoy it. In fact, I couldn't put it down. What a haunting, but excellent book. It is such a journey that keeps taking the main character to the past he was trying to forget. It illustrates that we can't run away from things, because they will eventually catch up to us. Also, to not be so hard on ourselves. I do recommend it to anyone. I am glad I tried it out and read it!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

I've wondered about this book because I've heard the same things you did. Now that you've given it the thumbs up I'll put it on my list!

Abbi said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hate the feeling that you just wasted time reading a book you didn't like very much. I'm excited to read it someday, and we can talk about it!