Friday, April 20, 2007

A First For Everything

Nate has started taking the bus to work. He rides his bike to and from the bus stop and rides the bus to work. Well, Colby thinks this is the coolest thing! He wanted to ride the bus with daddy. We told him if did well with his potty training he could ride the bus with Dad. Well, last week his wish was granted and he got to ride the City Bus for the first time and LOVED it! It was so cute to watch him get on the bus hand in hand with his daddy. The bus driver opened the door and I could see him smile when he saw Colby. It was such a sweet thing to see. It made me start thinking about all of my firsts and thought I would list some.


First Bike: The first bike I remember was brown and tan with a banana seat and it said "Sugar & Spice" on the side

First Concert: New Kids On The Block at the Puyallup Fair. (Yes, so embarrassing!)

First Crush: Chad Allen from the show "Our House"

First Car: The first car I drove was my mom's white Geo Prizm, but the first car I owned was a blue '87 Chevy Nova. I loved that car!

First Heart Break: Tedd S., breaking up because I was going off to College

First Time Wearing Makeup: 7th Grade. I would sneak so my mom wouldn't see. I would take mascara and eye shadow and put it on at school. (Did you know that, mom?)

First Kiss: Jevin C.

First Boyfriend: I had one in Kindergarten, but come on! :)

First Boyfriend That Meant Something: Tedd S. for 2 1/2 yrs in high school.

First Prom: Junior Prom with Mike C. (Abbi's brother-in-law. Small world, isn't it?)

First Best Friend: Beth F. (Love her!)

First Car Accident: Senior year in front of the high school with the kids I babysat in the car. Traumatic!

First Speeding Ticket: Somewhere in Oregon driving back to College with my friend Drew D. It was a doozy too!

First Job: Besides babysitting, I worked at a Halloween Costume Shop one Halloween season Sophomore year.

First College Roommate: Lindsay E., no one could be better than her!

First Date: You know, I can't remember this one. Sad, isn't it! It must not have been that impactful! I will keep thinking and update if I remember.

First Home With Nate: The first place we lived was a dumpy apartment in Provo the summer after we were married. Our first Home home is where we are now. It is perfect for us right now.

First Time I Realized I Loved Nate: We were driving home from Caytee's basketball game and we were just talking about everything and everything he was saying made total sense to me and I totally agreed with. Stuff like raising kids, church, work, and life in general.

First Time To Disneyland: I was 5 yrs old. I went with my mom, sister, and brother. The only thing I remember is the Big Snowman on the Matterhorn and how much he terrified me!

First Time I Met Nate: He trained me at work. I thought he was cute and totally cool!

First Time I Realized I Wasn't A Kid Anymore: My mom driving away after getting me settled in to my dorm room. I was on my own.

First Broken Bone: (and only broken bone so far) I was 18 months old and broke my leg falling of my moms bed. I had to have 3 casts because I kept wiggling out of them.

First Dance: I was in 6th Grade and it was a school dance. After that my parents decided to enforce the no dances until I was 14 rule. I thought that was so unfair! It all makes sense now.

First Shooting Star: I was with my brother in Boise when I was about 8 or so. He was shocked I hadn't seen one, so we hung out until I did.

First Pregnancy: I was 26 and we hadn't been in our house more than a couple of months. 9 months later came our Sweet Colby!

First Airplane Ride By Myself: I was about 8 or9. I flew to Las Vegas to visit my totally awesome cousin, Laura!

First Pet: Smokey the dog I considered my pet. I loved him so much when I was just a little thing, but Smokey was actually my cousins dog. My first real pet was a dog named Cody.

What are everyone elses firsts? It would be fun to hear!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Love this post. I will see how many firsts I can remember and write them. The Mike Coleman thing always makes me laugh. It is a small world.

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abbi said...

Those were fun to read! I'll have to do a post like this soon. But I think your firsts are a lot more interesting than mine are.