Thursday, March 22, 2007

Old Friends, Old Times

I had the opportunity of talking to my childhood best friend today, who I don't get to talk to very often. It got me thinking about all the friends I have had and all the people that have been in my life. I believe that the experiences you have shape the person you are and are becoming. And that people are placed in your life at certain times for very important reasons. It is so fun to look back and remember all the different experiences I have had and the people who have blessed my life and helped me become who I am today. There are experiences that were so hard at the time they were happening, but as I look back I see how it changed, strengthened, or guided me to where I needed to be. I am grateful for everyone I have had the opportunity to know!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I agree. What is so nice is that you can have friends you havn't seen for a long time, because of changes that have happened in your life, and when you meet up again it is if no time has passed. It seems so obvious that Heavenly Father has had a hand in your life when you look back on it. It is just tough to remember that when you are in the middle of life.

Abbi said...

I have thought a lot about this lately, too. My life has been enriched so much by many wonderful friends. And I have been taught so much by lots of friends and roommates over the years. Like you, I am grateful for them and what they have taught me.