Sunday, March 18, 2007

Goodbyes

Yesterday we took my mom to the airport ,who had been visiting for about 3 weeks. We love it when she comes, so it was no fun to see her go. We arrived to the airport and I got out of the car to help get the luggage out and say goodbye. When I got back into the car to drive away, Colby was crying and I said
"What's wrong Colby?" and he said,
"I feel sad...I don't want Nana to go on the airplane." My heart just broke for him. It made me cry too. As we drove away, everytime he saw an airplane, he would say,
"Ooooh there goes Nana. I want Nana. I am so sad!" It was so tender to witness him expressing his emotions.
He is such a special, loving boy. I am so blessed to be his mother.

2 comments:

Abbi said...

Colby is SO sweet!! He just has a heart of gold. I am sorry your mom had to go home. That is so hard!

Crystal said...

It is so good to have a link to your everyday life. I wish we were closer and could see each other more, but this is the next best thing. You have a tender spirit in Colby. Preston is one too. They are such a blessing to have in a home. We love you!!!