Monday, January 4, 2010

Released

Yesterday I was released from the Primary. I knew it was coming as I had just passed my 3 year mark and I was ready. Ready to have that load lifted off of my shoulders. So, why when I am actually released do I feel no sense of relief but sadness?! I am SO going to miss those kids and being with them every Sunday. It has been such a wonderful experience and I have learned and grown so much! Yesterday as I did my last Sharing Time, I shared with the kids my love for them and how much I was going to miss being with them, while blubbering all the while. I looked back at my Colby and there he was wiping tears from his eyes. Oh my goodness. Could my heart melt anymore?! And having some of the children come and give me a hug and tell me they are going to miss me. It has been a hard, stressful at times, wonderful 3 years that had to come to an end sometime. I am sure there will come a time when I will feel the relief that comes with being released from such a taxing calling, but for now I will just be sad and oh so grateful for the priviledge of serving those beautiful children.

5 comments:

Abbi said...

Oh, how sweet!! They will miss you so much! And that's good you will miss them, too. I'm happy for you that you will have more time and less stress now though!

Jessi said...

That will be a major change! I remember when I was released from the primary presidency a few years ago I wasn't quite sure what to do during church. And I had the hardest time sitting still during all three hours of church!!

Lori Muir said...

You had me blubbering too! And I was just in there substituting! Ha ha. You are such an amazing lady! What a great service you have provided to our kids. We will not forget it!

Caytee said...

You are such a great example to those kids. I know that they will miss you. And isn't that Colby boy of yours great. How I sure do love him! He sure knows how lucky he is to have a great mom!

Anonymous said...

Daughter! I want you to know that I'm very proud of you. Three years is quite a commitment and surely a strain on your household. I know you have received blessings as a result, and that's wonderful. I also know that the support of your hubby is most noteworthy. He is such a good man..another blessing in your life. You are truly blessed! Know that your Pops LOVES YOU!