Sunday, May 24, 2009

"Smile, it enhances your face value!"

The title of this post is a favorite quote of mine from the movie "Steel Magnolias". Who doesn't love a smile? I know I do. I even had a smiley face on the top of my Graduatoin cap. A smile is contagious. A smile can spark a new friendship. A simple smile can turn someone's bad day around. A smile can ease someone's burdens. A smile is a language that is understood universally. Think about how you feel when someone smiles at you, even a stranger in the store or wherever you may be. And I think that it is so interesting that a smile is the first thing a baby learns to do and is the first connection you have with them. And their incredible response when you smile at them. They just beam back at you. One of life's precious treasures!!! It makes me think of a song we would sing when I worked at a Pre-school:
"If you chance to meet a frown, do not let it stay.
Quickly turn it upside down and smile that frown away.
Noone likes a frowny face. Change it to a smile.
Make the world a better place by smiling all the while."
A smile is worth a million bucks, well, priceless, really. So enhance your face value and smile at 5 strangers (or even your family) today and see what response you get.
Make the world a better place by smiling all the while! :)

1 comments:

smiles said...

Love this post MO!=-) I totally agree w/ all of that! Alex has been smiling a lot these days...and it is so...fun to watch him! We actually finally got rid of the green car and I made Allen take the smiley face off the back for me...he thought I was crazy..Miss you!=-) Tiff=-)