Sunday, March 29, 2009

Heartache

This is one of my best friends Pam (I call her PJ) and her husband Anthony. They are two of the happiest, most wonderful people. They have 3 adorable boys, then in November they had........ a beautiful, precious baby girl who they named Felicity. They were so excited to finally have a baby girl! Felicity returned home to her Heavenly Father, suddenly, this last Thursday. We were able to attend the funeral yesterday and I was in awe of how in her short 4 month life, she left such an impression on so many people. What a special spirit she is. (She would have to be to have parents like Pam and Anthony....they are awesome!!) We don't know why we are given the trials we are and what we are to learn from them. I think this would be one of the hardest trials to bear.....losing a precious child. My heart is breaking for my dear friends. I love them SO much and hope they are finding the peace they need. Pam had the greatest quote on the program for the Funeral service, it says.......
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened".
I think this totally encompasses Pam and Anthony. It is going to be a long, hard, heartbraking road ahead, but in the end they will be smiling because Felicity happened and has blessed their lives and will continue to. That is just the wonderful type of people they are.
I love you, PJ, and admire you so much!


2 comments:

DebLawson said...

Oh, how sad! They seem like such a great couple and family. I'm sorry they had to go through such a devastating ordeal.... what happened to the little baby? Was she sick?
Oh, what a sad thing to happen to a family. Glad you were able to attend the baby's funeral and be there to support your friends. :(

Pam said...

Mo! I don't even know what to say. That was so beautiful. I feel so lucky to have such an amazing friend in you! Thank you so much. This whole experience has been so humbling. I now have a greater understanding of why our Father in Heaven loves us each so much! He's definitely got some great kids down here being his hands and hear. I love you so much! :)