Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Online Shoppers Beware

I guess we are in the giving spirit early this year. We inadvertantly gave our cc# to someone while doing some online shopping. They helped themselves to some large purchases this morning. Happy Holidays.....I guess! ARGH!!!! I have been sick to my stomach all day. What a violation! We both still have our cards in hand. So, they had to have lifted the # online. The fraudulent purchases were all made online. We are HUGE fans of online shopping, but now I am leery, and probably won't do it anymore. Sad day! :( All of our purchases have been made on well known sites. So, for those of you that are fans of shopping online as well.....be careful! Luckily, our cc company is on top of things and noticed the suspicious spending behaviour before it got too far. Phew! Thank you Discover! They are going to cancel the orders. So, the grimey thief gained nothing from all this. HA!

7 comments:

Abbi said...

Grr! I am so sorry that happened! That would make me sick, too.

Caytee said...

That is horrible. I'm sorry. I agree. It is a little sketchy.

Lori Muir said...

Ours was lifted during the scam at Tsing Tao. Our company also phoned us before adding any purchases officially to our account. Now we feel safe enough to eat our favorite Chinese again, but it was a long time without our Seshuan Crispy beef:(

Lindsay said...

Oh that sucks! I shop online all the time...guess I am going to have to think twice about it!

The Luke Family said...

That makes me sick to my stomach as well. I just bought some stuff for my mom online from Target the other day. EEKS!

Jessi said...

How awful! I'm glad that the credit card company caught on quickly though. David had his identity stolen and it was years before he had everything removed from his record. Hopefully you don't have to go through that!

Jana said...

That is super scary. And such a pain!! I'm glad things are going to work out. Now we really need to swap boys to get the shopping done. :)