Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!

Today my mom would have turned 65. I want to celebrate her today. It has been a rough week thinking that this day was coming. And as I write this I can't fight back the tears. I miss her more than I can begin to explain. I miss being able to pick up the phone and tell her the latest things the boys are doing. I miss being able to tell her I love her. I miss her hugs. I miss her voice. I miss hearing her call me "honey". I miss the way her face would light up when she would see her grandkids. I miss her advice. I miss her listening ear, when I was struggling with something. I miss her smile. I miss how special she made holidays. I miss looking at her BEAUTIFUL face (in person). I miss that she is not a physical presence in my life or my boys' lives. I miss the way she would come visit and make something for my home to make it more beautiful and "homey". I miss her singing. There are so many things to list. I could go on forever! I think about her everyday and miss her, but as I go about my day with my children and family and life, I catch myself doing something or saying something that my mom would do or say. That is a wonderful gift, to have inherited some of her wonderful qualities. Happy Birthday, Mom! Thank you for blessing my life for 32 years and the way you will keep on blessing my life.
I love you!
Mom and Me

Here is she is with Colby in her infamous Christmas sweatshirt!

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh I just cried as I read that! Your mom was pretty special! But the great thing is you are soooo much like her that you carry on her memory! Love you and it is okay to miss her!!

Heather said...

I didn't know your mom, but your post made me cry, and know that she's a wonderful person! What a beautiful tribute to a person that shaped the person who you are today. Thanks for sharing.

Caytee said...

I just cried too. How I do love you Michelle. I sure loved your mom too. She was such a genuine person. I think that that is the best way to describe her. But I am so grateful to her for bringing forth a wonderful girl that is now a part of our family. I sure do love you Michelle.

Dani said...

Such a sweet post! What a wonderful tribute to your mom! And in your list of all her amazing qualities...it is evident that you are just alike. You are amazing in so many of those same ways! :) Love you tons!

Anonymous said...

Dawter! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this difficult yet special day. How blessed we all are to have had her in our lives. It's amazing that she still has an impact on us. There are so many things that we do, say and think, where her spirit is with us....guiding us to what is good and right.
I too, miss her so much. I miss the "Ronald's". I miss the hugs. I just plain miss her!
Oh...what Linday said is so true, you are so much like your Mom. How special is that!
Thanks again for sharing.
God bless you Dawter!
Pops

Anonymous said...

Dawter! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this difficult yet special day. How blessed we all are to have had her in our lives. It's amazing that she still has an impact on us. There are so many things that we do, say and think, where her spirit is with us....guiding us to what is good and right.
I too, miss her so much. I miss the "Ronald's". I miss the hugs. I just plain miss her!
Oh...what Linday said is so true, you are so much like your Mom. How special is that!
Thanks again for sharing.
God bless you Dawter!
Pops

Renae said...

Well I managed to make it through the day with out totally crying, until now.
I miss her so much too. You said it perfectly. I think we are so fortunate to have had such a beautiful caring mother whose love has stayed with us even though she hasn't.
You have so many of her best traits :-) I try to!
I think she'd tell us the best birthday gift she could have is knowing that we're taking care of ourselves, and doing our best to be happy.
I love you sis :-)

Abbi said...

I admire you so much. You have so much inner strength. And what a beautiful tribute to your dear mother! Thank you for sharing. These kinds of posts help me remember what's really important in life. Sure do love you, and we are praying for you!

Marnae said...

Oh Michelle, what a beautiful tribute to your mom and to the wonderful daughter that she raised. You are a gem.

DebLawson said...

That was a beautiful tribute, Michelle... I can only imagine how hard this year has been for you.
All of your wonderful memories of your mother are keeping her spirit alive!
I'm sorry it hurts so much...
Thanks for sharing this with us, I hope it helps you feel better.

Hugs

Laura Call said...

This was so touching, Michelle. Your mother raised an amazing daughter and I can only imagine how proud of you she is! I bet everyone that knew her felt very blessed to have her in their life... what a wonderful and noble woman. You are definitely carrying on her legacy!

Emily said...

That was a great post about your mom. I was crying. And I can't believe the picture of you young mom holding you when you were little. you two look so much alike. That is also a gift from her. You are so pretty and you can see it in your mom too. I think you are very strong. It was nice of you to share those wonderful memories about your mom.