Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Black Friday

I have been getting emails letting me know about the Black Friday ads as they come out. I have no idea how I got on this email list, but I am getting them. I have cousins who go through all the ads Thanksgiving night to plan out what they are getting and where. Now, I have never subjected myself to the the Black Friday adventure, but this year I am seriously considering it. I have one item I want to get for a Christmas present and I can get it for a really good deal if I take advantage of Black Friday. Has anyone ever braved this day?? I am curious to know if it is worth it or not?? Please tell me your stories, because frankly, this picture frightens me!!!!!!

And if anyone is interested here is the website with all the Black Friday deals http://www.black-friday.net/

7 comments:

Crystal said...

I have only done it in E* with Joe and Kjirsten. It doesn't quite have the same tone as other cities do. I know one thing though. Go with someone. One to get in line to check out the other searching for items. If your item is at Walmart I would be happy to brave the crowds for you in E*. HAHA. I am serious about the offer not the crowd. I also know that some places you can do it online the same as shopping there. Something to think about.

Jessi said...

Black Friday is an experience that you must have. It's crazy! The first time I participated in the madness I was amazed that people were really up that early and shopping in a frenzy. It's fun just to go watch the people!

Abbi said...

I have such an aversion to shopping already, I don't know if I'm up to Black Friday. But my sisters and mom have done it and they say it's quite the fun thing to be a part of.

Dani said...

Good luck...I don't even like shopping when the crowds aren't monsterous!!! I'm leaning more and more to online-shopping...easy to do and no need to pack the kiddos around from store to store! Good luck though...I know some people love it! Plus, you'll always have a story to tell about the crowds you fought off for your items! :)

Audra said...

Ditto to Jessi. It's an experience that every girl should have at least once in their life! Definitely go with a friend, like Crystal said.

cpcox99 said...

I went last year to Target with Trish and we got some sweet deals. It's worth doing, but it was amazing to me how psycho people could be about grabbing stuff. You've got to go with someone else for the lines for sure. It's a good excuse to leave the kiddos at home with Dad to get some good holiday shopping done. I'm game to go with you if you want, but are we going to be able to with Caytee's wedding?? Let me know!

Anonymous said...

I've done it once and found great deals, but had a hard time passing over all those great deals and ended up spending way too much money! I went with my roommate Christi and her family who do it every year and surprisingly are still very nice people!
We literally filled the back of their van and I was impulsive enough to buy a treadmill that I got a great deal on and they strapped it to the top of their van! It was hilarious.
The deals were great, but there are a LOT of people and some of them are SERIOUS shoppers who are ruthless.