Monday, August 23, 2010

2:10:25...Woo Hoo!

I have SO many other things to blog about, but I have to get this down while it is still fresh in my mind. Saturday, I ran the Hobble Creek Half Marathon. I actually did it! It was so great! Other, than it starting late, everything went well! I felt good the whole time. The last 2 miles were in the 90 degree heat, so I was definitely feeling it then, but I pushed through and finished right at my goal....2:10:25. Yay!!!! My family was there to support me, and that seriously was the highlight of it all. They were there to share in this accomplishment that I have been working towards for so long. I love you all so much!!! Caytee and Jon ran it too. Jon ran ahead right out of the gate. He is way too fast for us! Caytee and I ran the first 5 together, then split up. It was such a neat experience. I am SO glad I chose to do something I never thought I could do! Such a confidence booster!



my boys waiting for me with water in hand

I SO needed that. They were waiting at the water station at mile 10. Mile 9 was a tough one with the heat and some hills, and I was beginning to lose steam. Then I saw my hubby and kids and in-laws waiting there cheering me on. I don't think they will ever know how much it meant to me and what a boost that was for me!!!!

Colby showing me the sign he made as I was running away.


Here I come down the home stretch, desperately wanting that finish line to magically appear!



Caytee, Jon and Me post race


The signs that Colby made for me. So sweet!




My incredible, supportive family!!!! (Carson did NOT want to be in the picture. That stubborn little thing!)


1 comments:

Jessi said...

Way to go, Michelle!!!