Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Olympic Spirit

I LOVE the Olympics. Always have. So, I have been glued to the tv watching all of the events! Thank goodness for DVR. I thought in light of the Olympics, I would post some old pictures of when I had the, once in a lifetime, opportunity to attend the 2002 SLC games. What a COOL experience!!!!
My good friend Heather and I got tickets last minute to the Women's Combined Downhill event

















We also attended a Medal Ceremony where the band Lifehouse performed. That was SO cool!!! Here we are with Heather's brother and his wife. Oh ya, and it was FREEZING too!


But I have to say that the BEST part of the 2002 Olympics, and why it holds a very special place in my heart, was getting engaged to my Honey, Nate. He totally surprised me. SO AWESOME!!!!! Here is a pic of us just after he got down on his knee and popped the question.

There is something so special about the Olympic spirit. And when you get to experience it in person, it is something you will NEVER forget!


2 comments:

5 ibarras said...

that is so awesome! i've always wanted to attend the olympics and vancouver is probably the closest they'll come to here and i still didn't get the chance....maybe someday when i'm rolling in the dough!!! lol

Rachel said...

That is so neat! I'm starting to wish that Eric and I hadn't gotten married during the SLC 2002 Olympics because we pretty much missed everything:)