Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thinking Christmas

Now, now, now....please don't scorn me for talking Christmas when Halloween is still weeks away, so hear me out! Over a month ago my mind has started reeling about Christmas gifts. Crazy, I know! I like to make many of my gifts, so I have to think ahead or else I am STRESSED at Christmas time. This year I decided (since my goal is to simplify) to start early, so that I can hopefully have everything done and just ENJOY Christmas and all that comes with it, and have more opportunities to do things for others. I have already accomplished much and am feeling really good about this year!! Yeah!!! Now, I have been inspired by two of my Sisters-in-law about how to do Christmas for my kids. I LOVE it!!!! It will be less stressful, less money and less stuff! So here it is....the 4 rules I am sticking by for Christmas gifts for my boys.....

1. Something to wear
2. Something to read
3. Something they need
4. Something they want

easy peezy, lemon squeezy!!!! well, hopefully! :-)

8 comments:

5 ibarras said...

No scorning from me! that's inspiring! I love it! i think i might give it a try....both the "making gifts" and the "kids gift philosophy"! :)

Pam said...

I love that! We're trying something new this year too. We're all heading to my parents for Christmas and so we've all decided to do a "Three Wisemen" Christmas this year. Santa ONLY fills stockings and then Mom and Dad get everyone else only 3 gifts just as the Savior got 3 gifts at his birth. I'm really excited to see how it goes! I love Christmas! So much good about it! And I love you!

DebLawson said...

Sounds good to me!!!!

It may change a bit later on when they are big, bad teenie-boppers, but for many, many years this will be perfect!
Who knows... it could work when they get older, too! :)
It just helps to keep the buying under control. awesome.

Heather said...

What a great idea!

Lindsay said...

Love that idea! Going to have to adopt it!

The Wilson's said...

Great idea. I always try to cut back on the AMOUNT of things that i buy...but then i start feeling bad:( Not for the girls, but for myself because i love to be out in the Christmas shopping frenzy:) PS...i am a blog stalker, hope you don't mind that i found your blog:)

Renae said...

One more reason to love and admire my little sis :-)
Look at you...Mom would be so impressed too.
Now I have some criteria to focus on for MY gifts for the boys :-)
And can't wait to see what you're working on!

Lori Muir said...

I'm with ya sista. I'm currently making my brother, who is absolutely a Grinch fanatic (quotes from the Jim Carrey movie and has the book memorized), a Grinch wall hanging. Hopefully it turns out a cute gift and not a "cute homemade gift"!