Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Latest Project

I saw this great idea to make silhouettes of your kids. So I thought they would be perfect for our Master Bedroom. Here is the finished product:

The How To:
I printed their names on white cardstock. I then took profile pictures of each of the boys and brought them up on the computer and just traced the outline onto paper for the pattern. Then traced onto black cardstock. Cut them out and taped (you could use glue as well) them onto the white cardstock. Then Framed them. Easy peasy! And it hardly cost a thing! I already had all the paper. I just had to buy the ribbon and frames which I got on sale for $4 a piece! I think they look so cool! Nate even complimented them. And if he is complimenting my home decor it must not be too bad! :-)

7 comments:

Heather said...

Wow Michelle - I'm always so impressed by your projects!

5 ibarras said...

I love it!!! They're awesome and what a cool way to have a personal touch in your wall art, especially in your master bedroom.....I just might try it myself!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that! No question as to who's who. Now you need to add Mommy and Daddy.
Pops

Pam said...

These are adorable! I love it!

Caytee said...

I LOVE IT! I think that I may have to copy!

Laura Call said...

Looks fantastic! I think it's so great that you make time to do things you enjoy... way to go!

Jana said...

Totally cute. Love it!