Sunday, January 4, 2009

Some Thoughts

I have been in a thoughtful mood as of late. With this new year, I have been looking back on 2008 and how I am so glad it is over. And the hope that 2009 will bring "better" things. For too long I was dwelling on the sad and difficult things that were happening, but I have realized what a blessing those struggles have been. I am being refined and strengthened through these trials. As I continue to deal with them, I see and feel my Saviors love for me. My testimony of My Savior and the Plan of Salvation has been strengthened. I have developed a deeper love and appreciation for my husband, who has been amazingly supportive, patient and understanding. I have been blessed to be the mother of Joshua, who is the SWEETEST, cuddliest, happiest baby, and has brought me so much happiness.
I am ready to lose that dark cloud that has been following me around and feel alive again, because I AM SO BLESSED!
I love this quote by Heber J. Grant,
"may we be strengthened with the understanding that being blessed does not mean that we shall always be spared all the disappointments and difficulties of life."
I hope everyone's 2009 is a blessed one!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Great quote, Michelle. Thanks for sharing. Also appreciated what you had to say today. :)

Abbi said...

You sure have had your share of grief last year, and I hope 2009 will be much easier! You are such a beautiful, strong, good person, and I am glad things are looking up for you. We love you!

Laura Call said...

Michelle, I really appreciated your thoughts you shared. It really touched me and I felt I could relate so much to what you were saying... maybe not for the same reasons as you because we all face different things in our lives, but what you said really reached me in a way that just felt good to hear and it made sense in my heart. Thank you! I'm excited for you to start a new year. I think with the attitude that you have, you have many wonderful experiences and bright things to look forward to. Happy New Year to you and your family!

camille said...

Michelle I LOVE YOU!!!