Monday, November 10, 2008

A Proud Mama!


Yesterday was our Primary Program. Which went so awesomely! The kids did an EXCELLENT job! Yeah!!!! Colby sang in a quartet with his cousin, Brady and two friends, Riley and Tanner. When the Music Leader suggested him to sing the song ("I Love to See the Temple"), I hesitated, thinking he was still pretty young and may be shy or afraid to stand in front of 200 people and sing. I was so proven wrong yesterday. He was AMAZING! He knew all the words (after some practice!) and never once showed any fear about doing it. Nate and I were talking last night about it and are so glad that Colby has that confidence (as long as it doesn't cross the line to arrogance). That will be so beneficial to him in the years ahead. He never ceases to amaze me. He is a very special kid, and I am SO blessed to be his mom and sometimes feel inadequate. Way to go Colbs! We are SO proud of you! Brady, Tanner and Riley did awesome, too! I have to toot my own kid's horn, of course, but they did an amazing job, too. It was so cute to listen to them all! And the rest of our Primary was incredible!!!! I am one proud mama!

2 comments:

Caytee said...

I wish we could have made it. I heard it was tear jerking. I'm a proud aunt! ha ha!

Shelley said...

The Primary Program is my favorite of the year. I wish we could have seen Colby and Brady! I bet you are feeling an incredible sense of relief right now!!! Good Job.