Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Thoughts


Today, as my thoughts are consumed with the events of yesterday, I wanted to write them down. A new President was elected yesterday in this wonderful nation, where we are free to choose. Yesterday I was able to witness history. The first African-American was elected President of the U.S. Whether or not he is the "right" man for the job, that is amazing and so huge for our Nation! And I am grateful to be here to witness that. Yesterday my voice was heard. Irregardless of who I spoke for, I need to accept America's (majority) choice for their new leader. And, whether I agree or disagree with the choice, I need to give this new President the respect he deserves, because of the office he will hold come January. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he will serve our Country well, and bring us to a better place. I didn't feel any peace during this election as to who was the best candidate, but I do know that my Heavenly Father is ultimately in control, and that gives me the peace I need.

6 comments:

cpcox99 said...

I whole heartedly agree with your thoughts. I think some people are too concerned about this outcome being bad and horrible. It is momentous that Obama was elected President. I still have hope in my heart for our future!

Jessi said...

You expressed my thoughts exactly. I'm going to pray for President-elect Obama and support him to the best of my ability.

Caytee said...

I agree. You are so great. It is a great time in history and he has a lot on his shoulders.

Jana said...

I agree that our Heavenly Father is in control, but I don't think that necessarily means things will get better. I think in many ways(and I'm not saying Obama is evil and is going to bring desolation and destruction to our country), our nation is headed down the wrong path in many things. I think things will work out in the overall picture for those who are righteous, but I think our work as people who believe in Jesus Christ has only just begun. I hope and pray that Obama does what is best for this country and doesn't just push his own liberal ideas.

Michelle said...

You are right, Jana. I wasn't didn't mean that because Heavenly Father is in charge no bad will happen. We all know that it will, but knowing that He is in control gives me peace to deal with the bad. I hope that makes sense. :-)

Jana said...

Sure does Michelle. And I sure hope more good happens than bad. I just am not convinced America made a wise decision, but I hope that I am proven wrong!