Monday, October 6, 2008

Advent Continued

I have had some people ask about a pattern for my advent calendar. Unfortunately, I don't have one, but I will tell you how I did it. I found the idea off http://www.tipjunkie.com/ and then tweeked it a bit.

  1. I got a cookie sheet, had Nate drill 2 holes at the top (for the ribbon), then painted it.
  2. I Mod Podged some scrapbook paper to the bottom of the cookie sheet. I put mod podge over the top of the paper and the paint to seal it all.
  3. Glued some letters (for "halloween countdown") on the paper and some embellishments.
  4. Made a grid with a ruler and a black, permanent pen and wrote the numbers for each day on the grid.
  5. I got a package of little cardboard chip squares and glued some different scrapbook paper to them.
  6. Glued a bunch of different little Halloween stickers from the craft store to the squares.
  7. Glued magnets to the back of each square.
  8. Put ribbon through the drilled holes and tied a bow for hanging and voila! You are done!
It really didn't take too much time anf you can be as creative as you want and make it to your liking! I hope it all makes sense.

4 comments:

JM Inc. said...

That is simply adorable...love it. Wish I were more crafty. Where do you find the time...I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my house clean and the mundane chores going with regularity. I am definitely NOT my mother!

Jana said...

So cute. Maybe next year... :)

Lindsay said...

I think I am going to do this for a Christmas Advent!

cpcox99 said...

This is really cute! We picked up the stuff to make one today. I'm going to use fabric in the background instead of paper, but I liked the magnet idea and decided quilting something would take me too long. :) You're so talented Michelle. Thanks for sharing how to make this!