Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Am A Fashion No No!


Oh, can I just say that the post baby body is not my favorite thing! It always takes me a while to lose the baby weight, therefore I don't fit in much at all. And then with my c-section incision still tender I have to wear comfortable pants, so what have I resorted to wearing? I am ashamed to say......my husbands pants. I know, I know, that is so not ok. Stacey and Clinton would be shrieking at the thought (their are from the show "What Not To Wear", for those that are wondering). This is the stage where I stick close to home and try to hide from the world, so they don't see me and all my post pregnancy glory. I am so in the #2 stage, although, I wish I looked that good! And I hear it is harder after your third to lose the weight? Is this true? If only I could be like the stars and have a personal trainer to whip me back into shape. Me oh my, I hope this goes by fast and I can get into some of MY pants again. Please?!


Since Lipo is not an option, what works for you in losing the baby weight? I would love to know!

7 comments:

Jana said...

You mean Stacy and Clinton? (I just had to tease you). I think you look beautiful!!! I know it is hard to not think about it, but don't worry too much. I think just being active chasing those boys will help a lot. And, I'm sure yoga wouldn't hurt (when the doc says it's ok) :)

Audra said...

Oh, how I can relate! I don't think I can ever forget when I mentioned to someone in my ward at BYU that I was wearing Mike's clothes after having the twins, and she responded by saying, "I could NEVER wear my husband's clothes! They are waaaaaay too big. I'd have to kill myself if I ever wore his clothes." Ummmm, thanks. That was just what I needed to hear. :)

Stacey and Quinton need to chill out anyway. You are gorgeous and don't forget it.

Laura Call said...

First of all, this is SO relatable for anyone who's had a baby before! And second... oh my goodness, girlfriend, didn't your little one just arrive LAST MONTH? You shouldn't even be worrying about it... it's still so fresh. I can definitely empathize with that frumpy feeling and just wanting my body back after having a baby... it's a hard stage. But give it time! You spent 9 months letting that little guy grow inside of you and your body needs some time to recover from it all.

I found myself wearing a lot of Tyler's t-shirts after my third and it made me feel even worse about how I looked and felt. I seemed to be in that in-between stage with my weight after the 3rd longer than the first two, so what I finally did was went out and bought a couple of cute sweat-suit outfits to wear around the house. They were baggy and comfortable but still looked cute. It made me feel so much better than hanging around in my husband's oversized shirts and mismatched pajama pants.

One last thing... (sorry, this is getting long). The best thing I do for myself is just go for walks. It was unrealistic for me to set unreachable goals like hitting the gym every day. Going for walks is a great outlet, with or without the kids. Pack up the kids and go for a stroll around the neighborhood for fresh air and a little exercise one day, and other days go when your husband is home and you can actually get out and walk for longer periods of time. This is what works for me but everyone's needs are different I guess. I'm know you're doing such a wonderful job being a new mom of 3!

Jessi said...

The day before I went into labor I read an article about Jessica Alba and how she lost all her baby weight by the time her baby was 10 weeks old. Basically she stopped eating anything that tasted good and started working out when her baby was 3 weeks old. If that's what it takes I think I'll pass. :)

Michelle said...

I fixed it, Jana. It sounds like they are saying Quinton. Man, I am lame! :-)

Lori Muir said...

Hey Lady, I posted a funny e-mail I got on my blog in your honor. Under top ten things only women understand, one of them is "the need for fat clothes". You'll have to check it out.

Lindsay said...

Staci and Clinton also say you shouldnt wait to buy clothes because you want to be a smaller size! You should buy a few cute things to get you through while you are reaching your goal!!!!