Thursday, May 1, 2008

Home Once Again

We are home once again. It has been an emotional last couple of months. The Memorial Service for my mom went really well. It is still all so surreal. I keep having to remind myself she is gone. Not a fun reality to face. I MISS HER! As much as we knew this was coming, it doesn't make it any easier. It is bitter sweet. We will miss her dearly, but she is free and happy. That brings me joy during this sad time. You can look at her obituary here if you are interested. The week leading up to the Memorial Service was so busy. It is like planning a wedding in 5 days, but it is really sad. I almost didn't want the Memorial Service to end, because then I knew I had to move on. It is a weird feeling. One blessing from this experience is that our little family pulled together. It was amazing. We were all there for each other. I love my brothers and sisters and Dad so much! I admire each one of them.



We are trying to get back into the swing of things. Things are going ok. I think about my mom ALOT. I know it just takes time for it to get easier. So I will just take it one day at a time.

4 comments:

DebLawson said...

"Time heals all wounds" with time, I'm sure this will become easier to live with... I can only imagine how much grief and saddness is in your heart now. Keep pluggin' away with life and like you said... day by day, things will get better.
Take care,
Deb

DebLawson said...

That was a lovely obituary, by the way.
Your mom had lots of brothers and sisters, wow! She was such a cool lady, Michelle, how lucky you are to be her daughter!

Jana said...

We are glad that you are back home and hope that you will find comfort and peace. I am always here to talk and Tanner is always available for Colby (if you ever need a break). What a sweet obituary. You mother always seemed to nice and so sweet with your boys. What a neat lady!

Audra said...

Our thoughts and prayers have been with you. What a terribly hard thing to go through.

Thank goodness for the gospel. But it is still hard.