Monday, April 7, 2008

Home Again

We have made the trek home. Being gone for 6 weeks sure throws you off. All the mail and voicemails alone are enough to just want to scream :) We are glad to be home, although I will be heading back up to my parents in a week. We have our ultrasound on Wednesday, so that is something to look forward to. We are excited!
It was the hardest thing to say goodbye to my mom, even if it was only for a week or so. You just never know! It was hard for Colby too. I finally had to explain to him that he may not see Nana again for a long time, because she is going to live back with Heavenly Father. He immediately started crying and said he wanted her to stay here on earth with us. Can I just say that is one of the most heart-wrenching things to go through. To tell your young child that someone close to them is dying. So hard! I wanted him to have a proper good-bye with her, so I needed him to understand the magnitude of what was going on. He hugged her and kissed her and said he loved her and how much he is going to miss her. Had us all in tears, even Nate. A moment I am glad I got to witness and will never forget.

5 comments:

DebLawson said...

gosh, Michelle, now I'm all full of tears... what a sad situation this is for everyone... once again, I am so sorry your mom is at the end of her fight with this horrible cancer...
What a blessing this has been for you and the boys (Nate included) to have been so close to your mom these past several weeks... Not everyone has this opportunity to have such intimate time with their loved ones before they go. I know this time has been very sacred to you all.
Please allow me to help you if you ever need it, we would love for the boys to come over and play anytime you need them to, even if you just want to have a nap, please call me, k?

Can't wait to hear the news Wednesday afternoon, good luck!

Take care.
~Deb

Abbi said...

Wow, what an emotional time. And so busy! Congrats on making the trek back! We are so glad you made it home safe. And six weeks of mail...phew. Speaking of mail, I sent an invitation to your house for Carol to Jessie's (Adam's fiance's) bridal shower. I knew you would be gone on the date of the shower, or I would have sent one to you as well. :) Good luck with everything going on, and with your ultrasound! We are so excited to hear what you're having!

Lindsay said...

Oh Michelle that breaks my heart!! I started to cry when I read this post. What can I help you with while you are in town? Please let me know!!! Love you!!!

Jana said...

That is so sweet! I am so glad that you all were able to go up and spend so much time with your mom. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for you to see her go downhill and than to leave her. You are so strong and I admire you so much.

Marian said...

You are amazing Michelle. Please know that our hearts go out to you and your family and we are praying for you. Love, Marian