Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Washington, Here We Come!

Well, we are off for the long drive to Wash. this afternoon. We are going to have a good long stay there with my mom and family. Nate's work is allowing him to work remotely from up there. What a blessing!
I just have to share my gratitude for my counselors in the Primary and the Bishop (who, I know don't read this). What wonderful, understanding people they are for letting this work for me and my family. I really do have the best Presidency. Those ladies rock! And I love them so much for being such a great support. And for being so willing to just step up and fill in so that I can do what I need to do for my mom. And for Nate, whose idea this was. What an amazing man and husband. He knows how important it is for me and the boys to spend this time with my mom. And he found a way to make that happen and still keep our little family intact. I am truly blessed!
Family have been great as well. Thank you everyone who have given me support and prayers for my mom. It means so much.
Nate and I really feel that going up to be with my mom is the right thing to do right now. It will be hard uprooting our family for an extended period of time, but worth the time we will get with my mom and the boys' Nana. This is time we will never get back. I am so grateful for the institution of families and the GREAT importance they play in our lives.

16 hours in the car, 2 toddlers, and a pregnant woman......WISH US LUCK!!

7 comments:

Kjirsten said...

You're on the errand of angels, Michelle, take care and give us all the update when you get back

Jessi said...

I'm so glad you get to go up there to be with your family. What a blessing!

cpcox99 said...

Michelle - we hope you guys have a good road trip! I'm so glad you can be with your mom during this time. She'll love having you all there. We'll miss you!

DebLawson said...

Good luck in the car, I'm sure it will be just fine.

How long will you be in WA? I love it that Nate got everything situated so that he could work from WA. I am so glad you will be spending so much time with your mom.... cherish every moment of it. Give her lots of hugs and kisses, take lots of pictures and let those boys spend lots of time with their Nana... all things I know you are already planning on doing!! Just have a good time, Ok?! Don't worry about Primary, or anything else..... your amazing presidency will be fine while you're gone and we'll all be looking after your house for you!
We love you, Michelle! Take care and have a safe trip. Keep us posted while you're gone....

:)

Crystal said...

Hope your trip is safe. We were thinking about you and your drive yesterday and today. You are right that taking this time with your mom is important. I hope your time with her will always be memorable to you and your boys.

Abbi said...

Oh how I hope it went well! That is a long drive, and I have never even done it with little kids in the car. We have been thinking and praying for you a lot! We love you so much.

Caytee said...

Please tell your mother how much we love her. We sure do love you all! What a blessing it is to have the gospel in our lives.