Tuesday, February 5, 2008

On A Personal Note

My mom's Cancer has spread quite a bit and she is not doing well. They want to do more Chemo, but my mom just can't even think about feeling any worse than she already does. (I can't blame her one bit!) Things are not looking good. As you can imagine, this has been consuming my thoughts and emotions lately. I love her so much. It is a sad time for me and my family.
The theme in Primary this year is "I am a child of God" and last month we talked about Heavenly Father having a plan for us. I can't tell you how much comfort this knowledge gives me at this extremely hard time in my life. I know that this is Heavenly Father's plan for my mom. He loves us and never makes any mistakes with his children or his plan for them. I love the Gospel and know that it is true! I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and my mom. I know that he has a specific plan for her. I know that he knows us better than we know ourselves. I know that I will be able to be with my mom again. This is not the end. What incredible comfort and peace this gives me. I can't be grateful enough for that.
I am grateful for family and the strength that comes from the support of one another.

10 comments:

cpcox99 said...

Michelle - I'm so sorry to hear that the cancer has spread more. Your mom is a very special lady and I'm so glad that the gospel brings some measure of peace to you as you all struggle with her illness. We'll keep her in our prayers!

Jessi said...

Oh, Michelle. That is so hard. I hope you family receives the support and comfort it needs. You'll all be in my prayers.

Crystal said...

You have been in my thoughts and prayers. What a difficult thing for your family. The gospel is such a comfort. Your testimony is so touching. We love you.

Shelley said...

Michelle,
I am so sorry. This is really hard even with our knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. Our family will pray for you and your family. Thank you for your testimony. Lots of love coming your way.

Audra said...

What strong faith you have. You, your mother, and your family are in our prayers.

Kjirsten said...

Bless your heart, Michelle. I hope you'll get an extra measure of the Lord's spirit during this challenging time. One thing for sure is, that in this refiner's fire, your testimony shines like gold! Thanks for sharing it.

Abbi said...

We are praying for you and your mom. We love you so much!!!

Caytee said...

Michelle: I am so sorry. I have been thinking a lot about you lately. I hope your mom realizes how much we all love her and keep her in our prayers. I have grown to love her so much and especially the wonderful daughter that she raised. If you ever need anything, please let me know. A talk or just someone to watch the boys. Sure do love you!

Jana said...

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well. I'm sure that this is super hard on you being so far away and not being able to be close to help when you want to. You are your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

DebLawson said...

Sorry to hear about your mom's condition getting worse. Your mom has already been through so much, so I can understand her not wanting anymore chemo, poor thing.
She is a great lady! And you're right about Heavenly Father having a specific plan for her. We will all keep your mother and your entire family in our prayers.