Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Oh, The Insanity....

mine, that is!! I was planning to run a half marathon in August. My sis-in-law, Caytee and Bro-in-law Jon were talking about running the St. George Marathon. So, I thought, why not. I am doing a half anyway, may as well go all the way. So, I put my name in with Caytee not knowing if we would be selected, since it is a lottery system. Well.....We got in! Holy cow! I am SO nervous, but so excited! Excited because I am accomplishing something I never ever thought I would. It is such a cool feeling! So, I will be running my life away this summer training!
I think I really may be insane! :-)

2 comments:

5 ibarras said...

i tend to agree.....you might possibly be insane ;-)
but you are awesome and i know it will be a mind-blowing experience for you! good luck! luv ya :)

smiles said...

I think that is wonderful, you will do great!!! And, I believe that you can do anything you set your mind to...I never would have guessed that I could run a marathon, but having trained for one and done it...you just have to keep it in your head that you can do it...and don't give up! I had a great book that I used...can't remember the name of it now, but I will let you know...it helped me every step of the way, besides also doing it w/ a very good friend!=-) You will do super...Good luck and keep me posted on your progress! love ya, Tiff=-)