Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Start Your Engines!

Last Friday the Kindergarten classes did what is called the Kindy 500. All the kids need to make a cardboard box car with their parents. Then at school they take a "road trip across America" and learn of some of its history. They made stops at Mt. Rushmore, The White House, The Statue of Liberty, Abraham Lincoln, the American Flag, and the Liberty Bell. I got to go help out and it was SO much fun!!! The kids had a blast! What a creative idea for learning! I love it!

Colby requested a mail truck, so here he is! Some people really decked out their kids' cars, but we just kept it simple and I think it still turned out cute! Colby was very happy, so that is all that mattered!
They paraded around the school to show off their cool vehicles!Here I am at my station....the Liberty Bell!

It was such a fun day of learning, and when we returned home I was worn out!!!

5 comments:

5 ibarras said...

what a fun idea!! and i LOVE colby's mail truck!! :)

DebLawson said...

Glad Haley was able to babysit for ya so you could go and help out! What a fun time and Colby's car is GREAT! I love it!! so cute!

Heather said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Boyd Family said...

I love it! What a fabulous idea!!

Marian said...

What a great day for Colby. You look great, too.