Tuesday, December 15, 2009

An Honor

A few days ago we honored my Mom on her birthday. She would have been 66. I am going to say it again.....I MISS HER! We all do and love her SO much and look forward to the day when we will be reunited with her again. So, how did we honor her? With double chocolate Dove ice cream bars. Her favorite! There were many occasions that we would have one together. I miss that!
and Dibs, too. This is one of the only things she enjoyed and could eat in the last few weeks of her life.
It was a good day!

4 comments:

Abbi said...

What a beautiful picture of you and your Mom! I haven't seen it before. I'm glad you were able to celebrate her day--those dove bars sound yummy! Still thinking of you and missing you a lot!

5 ibarras said...

what a fun way to honor your mom, so sweet of you guys! {pun intended} just the other day, out of the blue, dallas said to me "mom, i miss aunt sandie"....she will be missed until we see her again!
{btw, i love your holiday template!! so fun!}

Caytee said...

I love that picture of you and your mom. I'll be honest, I even have tears in my eyes (darn hormones). You're right, we all did love your mom! And I'm sure she would have loved to eat those dove bars with you too.

Pam said...

That is such a beautiful picture. I love that sweet smile of hers. I miss your Mom too. I'm glad you had such a great day.