Wednesday, September 9, 2009

We Did It!

This past weekend was our City's celebration. Nate and I decided to run the 5K on Monday, at the last minute. Without really being prepared, I was nervous, but WE DID IT!!! Our first 5K and running event all together and we weren't last! It was so fun to do it with Nate. We pushed Joshie in the stroller and he loved every minute of it. Nate did so awesome. I was so proud of him! I have always wanted to do something like this and now that I have, I am less intimidated and I think I am hooked. We are planning to do a 4-miler on Thanksgiving and then my goal is to run a half marathon in 2010. Wish me luck! It feels so great to accomplish something that you have never done before. Unfortunately we didn't get any pics. What was I thinking not documenting this with a photo?! The best part of the whole event was doing it with my Honey and Best Friend!

3 comments:

Jessi said...

way to go!! finishing my first 5K is one of the happiest moments of my life. :) it's such an amazing feeling to accomplish something that is hard.

Melissa said...

You guys did awesome! Welcome to the wonderful world of running. (Although it can be addicting :).

Pam said...

You ROCK! Way to go!!! That was totally my goal for last summer to do a 1/2 marathon by Aug, but then life happened and my plans change. I'm still half way thinking about trying to do it next year too, but don't know with having a baby in March and all... Anyway, way to go! And good luck for next year!