Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Little Blue

I have been feeling down and a bit sad lately. Wasn't quite sure why.....then I realized my heart still hurts from losing my Mom. I guess the heartache just doesn't ever really go away. It may subside for a time, but then it seems to find its way back. And right now it is back for a while. I guess it is hitting me because Carson just had a birthday, Joshie is about to turn 1 and Colby starts Kindergarten in a few weeks. All things I wish my Mom could share in. Events that I wish I could get advice on and just see and hear her excitement. I know I seem to be a broken record, but I MISS MY MOM! It is truly faith and family that gets me by in my "down" times. This quote gives me such comfort:
“Irrespective of age, we mourn for those loved and lost. Mourning is one of the deepest expressions of pure love. It is a natural response in complete accord with divine commandment: ‘Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die.’ (D&C 42:45) Moreover, we can’t fully appreciate joyful reunions later without tearful separations now. The only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life.”
Elder Russell M. Nelson, April 1992

7 comments:

Jessi said...

I mourn for you. I am sure the ache never does go away. There are still moments when I wish so badly I could talk to my Grandma (my dad's mom who died a few years ago.) I feel like there were so many things I didn't learn from her. But like you, I'm sure, I look forward to the day when we will be reunited. What a blessing HOPE is.

Renae said...

I love you :-) I've been missing her a lot lately too, for many of the same reasons. Some things I just want to be able to tell her and talk to her about. and the events you mentioned that I know she'd be so excited about. I know she's close but I know it's not the same. I do know she's so proud of you for the person, wife, mother, sister you are! Try to find those quiet times when you can feel her presence and influence near and just talk to her because I believe she's listening and it'll help you feel closer to her :-)

Audra said...

My heart aches for you. What a tremendously difficult thing to experience, losing your mama. **Hugs to you**

DebLawson said...

Michelle!
You don't sound like a broken record. We are always here for you whenever you are sad. You and your family are going through so many big milestones that of course you would be missing your mom... you two were so close and she was such a loving and involved grandma to the boys.
I wish there was a way we could take away some of your saddness.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

*hugs*

Abbi said...

I've been thinking about you all week, and I really can't believe it's been a week since you posted this! Mostly I've been thinking about how you needn't feel like a broken record, because you have every right to feel sad, and we should be here for you during your hard times. And also I've been thinking about how much I admire your strength and courage and faith. There's another song besides "The Call" that I think you might like during this time--it's "Home to You" by the Peasall Sisters. I've been listening to it so much lately and it really has been an inspiration to me. Anyhow, know that I've been thinking about you and love you SOOO much!

Laura Call said...

I'm so sorry your heart is aching and you're missing your mom. You're right that it never goes away but that's because you love her so much. I notice too that the times I miss my dad the most and feel saddness come over me are during big or special moments in my life or the kids' lives... you want them to be there sharing in those things with you. I wish I had something great to say that would make it all better. I guess sometimes the best way to offer comfort is to "mourn with those who mourn" and I want you to know that I have true empathy for you.

Pam said...

My heart aches with yours. I'm sure your boys miss her as much as you do. I don't think the missing will ever stop. My Mom's Mom passed away when she was 9 yrs old and I don't think she's over it yet. I do LOVE that quote you put there though, and I have to say it is sooooo true! I just love you and wish you didn't have to hurt. But I've come to believe that each of our experiences in life are sweet and precious in their own way. I love you and am thinking of you.