Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Love Christmas!!!!

I just had to do this! Thanks, Carrie, for the fun idea!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate all the way. Egg nog....not my fav.
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? Some are wrapped and a few are left out with a bow. I think that creates more of the magic. My parents did that for us and I LOVED it!!
3. Red or white lights? I prefer white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I don't, although I would like to. I just haven't gotten any. My mom always did.
5. When do you put your decorations up? It varies from year to year. If we are going out of town for Christmas, I put them up earlier so we can enjoy them longer.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Wow.....probably fruit pizza my mom makes on Christmas morning. Delish!!!!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I think it would be going over to my Aunts house every Christmas Eve and having Santa come and bring us each a gift. It was so magical!
8. Most memorable Christmas? The first Christmas Nate and I spent with my family. I think that was just after we had Colby. It was just wonderful!
9. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was older then most. I think 5th grade. I just loved the idea of Santa. One year I saw something in my moms trunk, then on Christmas it was from Santa. And a few other things made me wonder, but then it was my sister that really spilled the beans. She said something about Santa not being real, and I was devastated. To her defense, she thought I already knew. It was a very sad day for me.
10. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, we do pajamas and an ornament.
11. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Well, we don't have our tree up this year, so let me remember....White lights, bows, and all the ornaments I accumulated through the years.
12. Snow: I love it!!!! Until I have to attempt to drive in it. Scares me to death!
13. Can you ice skate? I actually can. Laura, Drew and I took lessons once in high school. I even learned how to twirl, but don't expect me to remember how to do that! I love to ice skate!
14. Do you remember your favorite gift? Um, I don't have a favorite gift. I just loved being able to have my brother and sister spend Christmas with us. To me , that was the best gift!
15. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? The spirit of it and giving to others. Spending time with family. Also the Christmas music.
16. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I am so with Jana on this one! Anything chocolate and frosted sugar cookies.
17. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Getting a new Christmas ornament every Christmas Eve. My mom would get ones that pertained to us that year. She seemed to put a lot of thought into them. And then when I had my first tree to decorate, I had ornaments to put on it.
17. What is on top of your tree? We have a star.
18. Which do you like best giving or receiving? Giving by far! I love to see people open gifts especially when you have put a lot of thought and effort into it! I am so excited for Colby this year!
19. Christmas Song? It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
20. Do you like candy canes? Not my favorite, but I like the fruity flavored ones ok.
Let's hear your answers!

1 comments:

Abbi said...

I love that "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" is your favorite Christmas song. It's not very often that you hear that song as someone's favorite. It's been in my mind since reading this a couple days ago, and I really like it.